I can only do local work to SLC, UT.
1. Contact me to get on my wait list and figure out yardage- I am booked till January 2018.
2. Purchase your fabric
3. Contact me once you have purchased your fabric….so I know you are ready
4. Prewash your fabric in 6-8 yd increments in hot water and dry on high. Promptly remove from dryer and fold to eliminate wrinkles. Some fabrics can’t be washed (you can always wash a test strip to see how it turns out). If you don’t prewash your fabric beforehand your slipcovers will be dry-clean only.
5. I will schedule your pick up (chairs) or on site fitting (couch) $25 total pickup/delivery. Fittings take about 2 hours per item. Or you are always welcome to bring your items to me.
6. Once I have your item turnaround time is usually 3 weeks.
7. I will bring back and put on your slipcovers and snap a few pics for my blog.
**Best Fabrics for slipcovers are 54″ Decorator weight cottons, denim, heavy weight linen, duck cloth, twill, matelesse, jacquards, etc. you want it to bend and be pliable and shape well.
**Worst fabrics–Velvets, chenilles, anything with sticky/ rubber upholstery backing. These fabrics tend to get too THICK and don’t shape as well. Sometimes they can work, but for the most part I’d recommend staying away from these.
My favorite fabric sources
1. The Fabric Store- 196 W. 123rd south in Draper, UT. Pricing starts about $10/yd. Kat owns this store-she used to manage Home Fabrics before it closed.
2. The Design Company- 2253 S. 500E. SLC, Ut. HUGE SELECTION….a bit more pricey, but awesome stuff. They have some great heavy weight linens that are beautiful. They also have a great step down sale twice a year (usually January and June). Starts at $9/yd, then the next week is $7/yd, $5/yd, and $3/yd.
3. www.fabric.com –free shipping over $35 order. Free return shipping. Great prices!
4. JOanns or Hobby Lobby–don’t forget to use a 40% off coupon—good for entire yardage (one cut)
5. www.bigduckcanvas.com has lots of great solid canvas, twill, and linen at a great price. Get 10-12oz weight and 54″-60″ wide.
6. www.fabricguru.com…whole order ships for $5. They sell samples for $1 (includes shipping)